We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. Yesterday, Gov. Gavin Newsom took an additional step to slow the transmission of COVID-19 by closing indoor operations for many business sectors throughout much of the state. At this time, these restrictions do not affect the provision of essential health care services, including dental care.
Based on the latest recommendations from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), ADA (American Dental Association), CDA (California Dental Association) and other national healthcare providers, we have been implementing new protocols for treatment and access into our dental setting.
At Whittier Palm Dental we follow strict cleaning policies for the protection of both our staff and our patients. Each staff member maintains rigorous personal hygiene standards as well as using new gloves and face masks for every patient interaction. We use hospital-grade disinfectants across the entire office, with extensive room cleaning after each patient to ensure a safe and clean environment. After each use, all dental instruments receive the highest level of medical sterilization available. These processes have always been of utmost importance in our office and will continue to be the standards we uphold for our community.
As you have returned to our office, you may have noticed how we are adhering to new protocols to ensure your safety and confidence in our care.
The following are examples of such new protocols we have been implementing:
• Patient and employee temperature screenings before entering the office
• Screening questionnaire directly related to COVID-19 risk factors and symptoms
• Patients and staff are required to wash their hands and/or use sanitizer upon entering the premises
• Use of a fogging device to assist in the disinfection of rooms after patient treatment
• Waiting room materials have been limited; all shared materials such as magazines, brochures, and pens have been removed
• Patients are required to wear a mask or face covering when in the office
• Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet
• Patients and employees will not be allowed to bring visitors to the office, unless medically necessary
• Plexiglass in the waiting room front desk area to separate administrative staff from patients
• Staff may be wearing masks/face shields/gloves/gowns at any time throughout the office if deemed necessary to ensure patient and staff safety
• Medical-grade HEPA air purifiers and medical-grade UV sterilizers throughout the office.
Please rest assured that we are following local and national updates daily, and will continue to maintain the highest level of safety and patient care that you have come to expect. If you have any questions regarding your future appointments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We will be providing additional updates through Email to keep our community and patients abreast of the latest updates regarding the current health situation. Again, thank you for being a valued patient with Whittier Palm Dental. We appreciate your continued trust and confidence. Together we can overcome these challenging circumstances and continue your path to greater health! We look forward to taking care of you at your next scheduled appointment.
Dr. Jelani Winslow and Staff
If you’re looking for a new dentist in Montebello, we’ve made it easier to choose us! Whittier Palm Dental is offering new patients a prophylaxis cleaning, an exam, and x-rays for only $99. It’s perfect for patients without periodontal disease who don’t plan to use insurance, and it includes everything you need to get started on your journey to exceptional oral health. Give us a call at (323) 721-7153 and ask about our $99 new patient special today!
© Whittier Palm Dental 2020